Monday, January 12, 2015

True Rose


It's a gloomy day here and I'm buried in work, but I thought lighting a candle might make things a little more cozy and a little less dreary.  I got this candle on Black Friday when I was visiting my parents who happen to near outlets including a Yankee Candle outlet.  I was surprised by how much True Love really smells like roses and I had to have it.  


It has 2 wicks and when I lit it, I wondered if there was something wrong with it because the wicks burn strangely.  They sort of unravel and clump up in a way I found undesirable.  I looked up the candle because I wondered if I could buy another one or if it was a discontinued item since it was from an outlet store.  It turns out that the don't seem to sell this particular candle with the double wick, but they have others with the same scent - a larger double wick candle, and a few single wick candles.  I also discovered that the unraveling wick is intentional and makes the flame brighter.  I had no idea.  I think next time I'd opt for a regular wick since I am interested in the scent in the room and not so much the flame.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? I love comments!