Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bookcase Before and After

I mentioned in my previous post that I wanted to try Krylon's Looking Glass Spray paint on the glass of these cabinet doors.  Here is the cabinet before painting.

And, here it is now!  

It has the look of an old mirror which is exactly what I was going for and it was really easy and fast.  I just removed the doors, taped off the glass and sprayed a few light coats.  I needed 2 cans since the cans area  little small.  It was all dry in less than an hour and the doors went right back on.  Done!

I'm really happy with it.  As you can see, the cabinet is filled with books, mostly belonging to the girls so I won't have to keep it as straightened up as much.  I hope to add more embellishments and some new hardware soon.  

To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? I love comments!