Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March garden ...

Over the weekend, I did some work in my garden for the first time this year. I pruned my roses, one of which may not have survived last years neglect while I cared for my newborn. :-( I fertilized the lawn and I cut back some perennials. I also made an assessment of all that I have to do in the coming months. So much to do, so little time!

I did see some signs of spring approaching and that's exciting. I love seeing my gardens come to life. I'm going to try to take pictures each month to show how it changes from dreary to beautiful in the coming months.

No climbing roses or forsythia yet ...

... but here's a hyacinth just barely peering up from just below the ground.

The peach tree buds are swelling. I've had this tree for years and moved it all over the place in 2 homes. When we finally planted it where it is now, it was so happy, it started growing like crazy and gave me ONE flower. Last year, it was covered with flowers and we got a ton of peaches. The squirrels feasted on the tree and ate them all! I don't care for peaches anyway. I just love the spring flowers on the tree and I can't wait to see how beautiful its going to look this year.

Some of my camellias are starting to bloom.

No hostas, bleeding hearts or hydrangeas yet. These hydrangeas (Limelight) grow fast and become unruly so they will be moved this year. Also, my bird bath on the left fell off the pedestal and broke a few months ago so I have to replace it.

My crocuses are starting to come up!


Heather is blooming, but poorly so. I have no luck with this and I'm not sure why.


Tulips are popping up though!


And, daffodils!


These pictures were taken on Sunday and yesterday, just a day later, things had grown more when I got home from work. I guess the plants are loving the warm weather we had but its chilly again today. I'm sure in a month it will be a lot more alive!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get outside as well! Everything looks great. Love the camellias!
    Blessings
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard looks so pretty starting to bud for spring!! Can't wait to see it in full bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!