Thursday, March 12, 2009

A new toy, and some organization plans ...

My new computer arrived a few days ago and its up and running GREAT. I couldn't be happier. No more waiting for the mice to start running my old machine. Everything is so much faster and its so nice to be able to get everything up and running and loading images in seconds instead of waiting forever just praying it wouldn't lock up from the overload of a simple command.

This now means I have a major project ahead of me. This was actually one of my New Years resolutions. I have to organize 3 years worth of pictures that are on the old computer and cards in my old and new cameras ordering prints, filing them in boxes and make backup CDs. This is something I've been putting off for way too long and now that I want to start new with the new computer, its time. I've been wanting to build shelving in our office closet so that I can organize everything neatly. I was thinking of doing the closet home office like this ...


Photo: Sunset Magazine

But we really don't need any more office space. There is no power in the closet. Besides, I'm happy using my old secretary and Mr. T has this desk from Pottery Barn that he uses when he works at home.


Now, I have something like this for my gift wrap ...

Photo: The Container Store

Truth is, it sucks. I have too much stuff to fit in it, and its not easy to get to/find all the time. I'm sure you see where this is going. I'd like to make the closet a gift wrap station. This way, I can get it out of our coat closet and still have space to store all the picture boxes and other miscellaneous things we have in our office.


Photo: BHG.com

I'm not sure when Mr T and I will find the time for this, since I've been begging him for ages to make the shelves for me but that's the plan. I might just have to pull out the table saw myself.

My little ones both slept today and that seemed to help them. Mr T took over and watched them in the afternoon so I could sleep a little and that helped me. Both girls were in bed early and I hope they stay there for at least a little while. And with that, I'm off to bed. Who knows how long I'll be able to stay there tonight?

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look! I am on a mission as well to organize my computer space. Thanks for the great visuals.
    Blessings
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being organized, and the images you shown are great inspirations. I think it would be a fantastic idea using a closet for a gift wrap station. Your funny about getting out the saw yourself, hey who knows, it might stir him up to get moving.

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these pictures get me inspired. I like to be organized. Have a great weekend. Regina

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!