Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello blogland ... I've been so incredibly busy lately and today is no exception with Thanksgiving tomorrow.  I'm taking a short break and sitting has made me feel like I could fall asleep in a moment.  I've done quite a bit of decorating but I'm too tired to even consider the photos right now.

Like many others out there, I'm cooking today.  Some of my favorite recipes like three loaves of my favorite Maple Pumpkin Bread ...

... in addition to Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones with (faux) Devon cream and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.  Obviously, I'm in charge of breakfast.

We won't be having Thanksgiving at home so I won't be making the bulk of the dinner, but I was informed that I need to make my favorite Martha Stewart Mashed Potatoes and Paula Deen Sweet Potatoestomorrow.  So much for just relaxing ... and my waistline!

On the bright side, I've had a very productive day and managed to get a head start on Christmas decorating.  I figure since we won't be home, why not?  I planned to do a lot of white this year so I'm pretty happy with how things look so far.

I will be on the road bright and early to see my family tomorrow, so I wanted to take a minute to say that I am so very thankful for you, the wonderful people out there that I've been able to connect with simply because of this little blog. 

Wishing you all the Happiest of Thanksgivings.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY TAHNKSGIVING, MELANIE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Melanie to you and your lovely family. I'm so thankful you are my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!