Thursday, November 18, 2010

Paperwhite Progress

I love having plants outside, but I admit that I'm terrible when it comes to any indoor plants.  My house is where they come to die.  However, the past couple of years, I've envied people I've seen who have success growing paperwhites.  They're so pretty and unexpected during a time when little else blooms.  I found a kit for about $5 and decided to give it a shot.  I threw away the plastic container and just planted them in a milk glass piece I already had.  I placed them by my entry and crossed my fingers. 

I had no idea they would start to grow so quickly!

I can't wait to see them bloom.

We had a pretty nasty storm the other night and I think every single leaf blew off the trees.  I know Thanksgiving is just a week away but between the bare trees and the fact that we aren't spending the holiday at home, I don't know that I'll be able to resist getting a head start on Christmas decorating.  I normally start the weekend after Thanksgiving, but something tells me that I'm going to spend that weekend removing the blanket of yellow leaves.

Love this time of year ... time with family, shopping, all things sparkley and pretty and, of course,
 eating, eating, eating!

5 comments:

  1. Love the green shoots contrast with the milk glass. It looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until you smell the paperwhites-it is heavenly! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty! I've been thinking of planting an amaryllis.
    Looking forward to seeing your paperwhites bloom. Have a good day!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very lovely, Can't wait to see them bloom. Enjoyed your milk glass pieces as well! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the paperwhites in bloom

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!