Monday, July 20, 2009

New Goodies!

Over the weekend, we were took our girls to a great park and when we went to have lunch afterwards, I saw a HUGE thrift store I didn't know about. I found a bunch of rave reviews online and I just had to go so I snuck out of work early to take a peek. I couldn't believe how big it was inside - probably the size of a department store like Kohls!

So, what did I find? My favorite find and something I agonized over - this lamp. I just couldn't leave it behind. When I got to the checkout and my total came up, I realized that it was Monday and everything was $25% off so the lamp was $14.99!



Its probably not very clear, but there are stickers on it - Handmade in France! It is also two prong so it can't be that new but I don't think its ever been used because of the stickers and how tightly the cord is wound. I'm hoping to use it with my French desk. I'm probably going to pay more for the shade than the lamp!
I also got some milk glass ($.69-$3), the little birdcage (under $3) and the tray ($1.40) and all the prices were before the discount! I have plans for the tray and the birdcage this week.

They also had a craft area and I picked up some bags that included vintage bias tape in pretty colors. Those will be great for some crafts.

I would have loved to check out the clothes, but it was packed! They also had super cheap furniture. I nearly bought an end table for my daughter for $6 (again, before the discount!) I can't wait to go back!

Check out all the other thrifty finds on Southern Hospitality!
EDIT: I didn't think to add the name of the thrift store, but here it is for those in the D.C. area - The store is called Unique Thrift Store and its in Falls Church, VA. Their discount days are Mondays. They have two other stores located in MD. Happy Treasure Hunting!

17 comments:

  1. Looks like you found your new favorite store! That lamp is simply gorgeous, and I bet you're so glad you bought it. Love the birdcage and the milkglass too! All great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your new treasures! You really did well. I wish I lived by that thrift store!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a fabulous place. It sounds like you had a ton of fun. I love all your great finds. They are all wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty, pretty. I love birdcages...not sure why...but I do. I have at least three that I can see from here. Thanks for sharing. Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you found will be put to good use, I'm sure. And yes, you will probably pay 3 to 4 times as much for a nice shade as you did for the lamp! LOL I want to see the birdcage and tray when you're done.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you found a great thrift store! Love your treasures you found!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that bird house! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool that you found a new store, and you also found lots of great stuff...and on sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melanie,

    Looks like you got some nice things there. We have a store like that in my area, isn't it great? The prices are wierd though. They discount on Monday and Thursdays. I go a few times a week!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your new goodie finds...As I was looking at your photos... Your hutch caught my eye. I have the same one out on our summer porch. I've taken the doors off and painted the inside coral... Been that way for a while. Now I'm real close to painting it all white... we'll see. xoxo~Kathy@ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea for milk glass and discounts and vintage notions! Those are the sorts of things I collect too. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome finds! Love the lamp and the tray and birdhouse! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All cute things, you got some really good deals. That lamp is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would you be willing to share the name of the thrift shop? I'm in the Northern Virginia area and would love to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, I should have done that in the post! ;-)

    I went to Unique Thrift Store in Falls Church. I believe there are stores in Wheaton and Silver Spring, MD as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!