Sunday, January 24, 2010

I have my Entry back (for now) ...

When we moved in, I removed wallpaper from the entry and painted it a pale yellow color. Eventually, I painted the living room a different pale yellow color that I still love (Behr-Castle Stone) and we planned to match the entry ... eventually. That was several years ago and the entry has taken a beating since it was flat paint.

I painted it yesterday ... finally! Its hard to see the true color. Its not as light as it appears here.
I also removed the child-proof gate that went from the wall beside the table to the side of the front door that's been there for 3 years. I forgot how spacious it was. Now, I just hope the novelty of the open space wanes for my little ones so I can keep it off permanently.

Today, I went to Anthropologie for the first time in a very long time. I had fun trying on all the great clothes and browsing the great selection of home items. Then, I browsed at J. Crew. I left empty-handed which is probably the best thing for my wallet.

Now, I have Boeuf Bourguignon simmering in a cast iron pot in the oven. I saw the Barefoot Contessa make it a few years ago and wondered how good it was after seeing pretty much an entire bottle of wine emptied into the pot. The other night, we watched Julie and Julia and there was the same dish again except this time it was Julia Child's recipe. I decided to give it a shot and judging by my sampling of the incomplete dish, its incredible! No wine flavor. Can't wait to eat. With all the bacon fat involved, its probably a good thing that my night will wrap up with belly dancing tonight. (UPDATE: The dish was amazing! Probably the most labor intesive thing I've ever made but totally worth the approx. 5 hours of cooking.)

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Your entry is gorgeous and I love the color. Yellow always makes me happy. Just beautiful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost my whole house is Ralph Lauren Blonde. I love it. Yellow is such a happy color. My daughter and I watched Julie and Julia a couple of weeks ago. We both loved it. I have my sisters copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, so we just had to run out and buy a Le Crueset pot to make boeuf bourguignon. Well, my daughter made it, I just helped eat it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't fresh paint so worth the effort? It looks great. I know what you mean about some colours not showing well in photos. I just painted my hobby room and have had the same problem with pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, light and airy. I love it!

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour in your entry looks lovely - clean and fresh and spring-like. I love the little detail along the side of your stairs. Did you add that, or did you house come with that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace,
    The scallop detail was there. We added the railing. There was no railing when we moved in.

    ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I could handle such a time intensive meal - but when's dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful home. I especially like the sewing/entry table.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!