Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekend Shopping

Over the weekend, I made a trip to Ikea for some new pillow covers and to browse the curtains.  The windows in my house aren't the easiest to buy curtains for so I like that Ikea sells extra long curtains you can hem.  I ended up with a sort of washed denim blue pair.  I also took out my blankets and throws again.  The nights are getting cooler and its  nice to have them out to curl up with. 

Previously, I had white curtains, but I felt like something was missing.  I never took a picture (probably because I wasn't crazy about them) so I can't share a "before" with you. The blue seems to work with the other blue accents in the room and the adjoining dining room so I really like them.

I also did get pillow covers ...  A pair of green and a pair with a pattern on it that has blue, green, and several other colors.  The funny thing is that with fall here, I want some curtains that are a little more in line with the season so the blue is temporary.  I'll probably take them down and save them for spring.  If I'm unsuccessful with my curtain hunt, I'm considering the old drop-cloth curtain solution. 

My favorite nook with a make-over ...

I just pulled out a new apron for Grace (my dining room dress form) that I purchased back in July while we were in Vermont.  I'm doing a bit at a time and taking a slow approach for fall and I need to dress things up in my dining room a little more but I hope to have more to share soon.

7 comments:

  1. I love the pillow covers! Is that an Ektorp sofa? We are planning to get one for our living room with the white slipcover. How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my your living room is very pretty! Do you have slipcovers on your couch???
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, its an Ektorp and I absolutely love it! I like being able to take the slipcover off to wash it. I'm hoping to eventually get the Ektorp sectional with chaise for our family room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks pretty. I like the new blue drapes (blue is my fav colour.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your living room! the new drapes look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pattern on the pillow covers. They really compliment all of the other colors in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melanie,
    Your new blue curtains are lovely and the perfect compliment to pretty yellow walls. I love your coffee table! I am on the hunt for a new coffee table and couch table..I hope to find then soon.
    Have a very sweet day and hugs,Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!