Saturday, October 30, 2010

November Approaching

Halloween tomorrow!  Its a little bittersweet because October is my favorite month and after all the trick-or-treaters go home and the candle is blown out of the jack-o-lantern, it will be over.  I wish I could share my pumpkins, but they never seeem to make it to Halloween before they start looking not-so-good.  The Virginia heat is just too much for them so I'll add some pretty with the photo below.


source

Leaves are starting to fall and colors are in full force but before long, the cold dark days of winter will be upon us.  Thanksgiving is next.  A day with my family and midnight Black Friday shopping to start the Christmas season. 

Its something I look forward to but I will always have a special fondness for October.  

4 comments:

  1. Melanie, I hear you about Halloween being over tomorrow is somewhat sad. It does mean the mad holiday rush and season is upon us. But I love the Thanksgiving/Christmas season and I'm looking forward to the cooler weather! Enjoy tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this image!!! So pretty and festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fiendish entry to your home - it's spooktakularly beautiful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very pretty Halloween/Thanksgiving decorated front door. I wasn't sure if it was your home or not. I love the pumpkins with the tree design on them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!