Friday, December 17, 2010

Plan B

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up some roping to put outside around our front door. 

Then, the bitter, frigid cold arrived.

I couldn't wrap my mind around going outside and feeling the sting of the cold on my hands while I decorated the house.  I decided to just use it inside in the warm comfort my furnace provides.  Its not perfect, but with a week until Christmas, I couldn't afford to be picky.

My paperwhites have faded, so they've been replaced with an amaryllis.  This doesn't seem to grow nearly as quickly but it was fun watching the paperwhites grow every day and finally bloom so I'm hoping I have success with the amaryllis even if it takes a little longer.  Fingers crossed!

I was like a kid with a snow day yesterday excited by our first snowfall.  It doesn't make sense, but while I'm not a fan of the cold, I absolutely love snow.  It wasn't much, but it was enough to be pretty and almost enough to make the bitter cold worthwhile.

This weekend, I'll be busy making lots and lots of cookies! 
Any baking in your future?

4 comments:

  1. I love the garland...It's beautiful! We're baking Gingerbread Men and making Almond Roca! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the garland too!It makes everything look cozy and festive. I have to finish up some baking, which I hope turns out better than my cheesecake fiasco!lol
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to by that type of garland but never see it for sale. I know what you mean about going out in the cold to decorate, I bought a ribbon for the lamp post and still haven't put it on yet:0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, Your garland looks beautiful! I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!