Saturday, March 12, 2016

Early Spring Gardening

I spent the day doing some not-so-exciting yard work.  March isn't my favorite month.  Although we've had some unseasonably warm temperatures, it's not quite warm yet overall and everything is still drab and dead, but spring is coming and the flowers are just beginning.

These white crocuses were a fun surprise at the base of a tree in my yard.

I have purple crocuses that have already bloomed and these bloomed a little later.


My camellia is blooming, but it's already starting to fade.  It's always such a welcome sight this time of year.

And the first daffodils opened in the last few days.

My favorite flower sighting this week was of snowdrops growing in the woods that I spotted on my run around a nearby lake.  They were growing in masses along the path.  They were so beautiful and unexpected and I wish I'd gotten a picture of them. 

I spent some time today on my roses and hydrangeas which I love so much more and can't wait to see soon. Both have signs of new life. Although the yard looks mostly drab now, I know that in late April it is alive with foliage and flowers.

Other than that, it's been a quiet weekend.  I've spent every weekend for the past month out of town and being home, I didn't quite know what to do with myself, but it's nice to have the rest from hectic weekends.

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Spring is such a great time for our garden coming alive. We've been having warming weather to and worked out in the yard yesterday cleaning up a few beds. Don't have any flowering yet just buds starting to pop up all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore all white gardens and yours is just gorgeous. You should share this wonderful post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Have a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't planted bulbs in several years and when I see your pictures it makes me miss them. Your crocuses and camellias are so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!