Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Now you see me ...

Remember my giant pinecone? I did my version of this pine cone/ribbon door display that I always see floating around. I realized that this only really looks good if the pinecones are enormous and I only had a couple of those. I decided to just do 4 pinecones to represent the 4 inhabitants.
And, I finally added a picture of myself in the sidebar. I'm a little camera shy and prefer to stay behind the camera, but I figured, why not? Taking this picture made me realize how short my hair is compared to how it used to be. Below is a picture of me 8 months pregnant with my second little one with very long hair (and a slightly swollen face). I really miss my super long hair and am now considering hiding from the scissors for a while.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I expect that I'll be looking like the picture above after all the eating I plan to do.

6 comments:

  1. Melanie, I love the pine cones! Love seeing a photo of you in the sidebar. I think your hair is still long, but I suppose it seems short to you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so beautiful!! It is nice to be able to put a face with a blog! lol

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I love the pinecones!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, you're quite beautiful in both photos! Very exotic looking with that dark hair. And I love your pinecones!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks beautiful in both pictures and what a pretty little mama you are. I just love those pinecones and they look very pretty with the beveled glass on the door. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen your posted wedding pics before, but I didn't realize your hair was so beautifully curly! Your hair, and you, are truly beautiful in both pics, as others have said.

    Love the pinecones! I just posted my front door wreath, a bit rustic and using a drop cloth bow. I would love it if you find the time to stop by and give me your opinion of what to add. I may buy a real wreath once they are out in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you, both the before and after;)

    Happy Thanksgiving and those are some big pinecones!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!