I mentioned in my previous post that I was going to search for a valance with blue and green that would tie the kitchen chairs in with the rest of the blue and green on the first floor. How hard a task that has been! My usual nemesis, brown, was everywhere, and I even found a few blue valances, but blue and green was elusive. As luck would have it, I went to Sears to have portraits of my 4-year-old taken and decided to take a stroll through the curtains. Jackpot!
Mr. T's reaction was that it looks like we've finally moved in. (Please ignore the extra blue cushion on the chair. That provides an extra boost for the tiny 2-year-old in residence.)
I was having such a hard time finding valances that I considered making some of the same fabric I used for my dining room chairs, but then I remembered that that fabric wasn't inexpensive ... and that the last thing I need is another project. The fabric of the valances is nearly identical to what is on my dining room chairs.
The valances have some buttons that were nearly destined for removal, but they've gotten a reprieve for now. I'm back to working on the list of projects earlier listed. I don't think its possible for me to work on one thing at a time!