Thursday, May 21, 2015

Peonies and a New Project

It's rainy here in Northern Virginia today, but yesterday I cut these peonies from my garden yesterday.  I don't normally like to cut them because I prefer to enjoy them in the garden for the short time they bloom but these are in a corner where they can't be seen.  Transplanting them is on my to-do list.  

You can also see the French desk they're sitting on that I still haven't worked on.  

The plan was to fix the top somehow.  I believe it was likely a long gone leather top, but replacing the top would cost more than the desk so I've ordered a wood veneer to hopefully match the top to the drawers.  If that doesn't work out my back-up plan is paint.  I think it would be equally gorgeous in white.  To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? I love comments!