Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Flowers

I'm sure plenty of people have seen the flowers added to ordinary pillows on the Eddie Ross blog that made them look so much more interesting. I love what he did but the flowers he used were a little pricey for my budget. I realized I could make flower pins myself and more to my liking for a fraction of the cost. Then I came across a tutorial with helpful instructions. Not only could I use these in my home, but I'd could make some to wear.

I made these first ...

(Ooops, this one's blurry)


After those, I thought ... What about a mother-of-pearl button in the middle?


Then, I pulled out my broken vintage jewelry. The picture doesn't do it justice, but this one with the vintage rhinestones is my favorite.


I also made one with vintage costume pearls but the little ones interruped my photo shoot. These are really great for Mother's Day. I need to pick one to wear and want to make one for my mom.

4 comments:

  1. Those are really nice...good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link - I love them on the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodmorning Melanie!!
    I actually have a few pillows like Eddie Ross's, but Melanie, your flower looks very fresh and elegant! Thanks for idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful blog! my favorite is the one with the rhinestones.

    Hello, I'm Dawn from Wisconsin...like you I love beautiful old things and am busy working. My heart is at home and hopefully someday soon I can find my way back here either full time or close to full time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!