Friday, April 24, 2009

A new treasure ...

I spent the day (and night) in Delaware visiting my parents with my girls. My mom wanted to show me an antique store she found so we went there and looked at all the beautiful things they had. I couldn't linger long because my 3 year old wanted to touch everything and it seemed the more breakable, the more she wanted to touch! So, we headed out and started driving around a gorgeous neighborhood we had passed on the way there. I wish I could have taken pictures because the enormous, old, well-maintained homes were amazing. Trying to find our way back to the main road, mom spotted a thrift store she'd never seen before and, of course, we HAD to stop. They had so many great things there. I'm kicking myself for not buying the silver serving pieces they had for about $2 each. However, I did come away with this ...



A punch bowl with 12 glasses. Price? A whopping $5.99. No tax in DE. It has a grape pattern on it.



The grape pattern reminded me of the lunch plates I have that I love so much.


No one seems to make punch at parties anymore and I'm not sure why. I love punch and fondly remember my mom putting sherbet in it. Maybe that's why I have always wanted a punch bowl. If I have a party in the future, guess what I'll be serving?

Anyway, I can't wait to go back to that store! This weekend, I'm going to meet an online mommy who lives near a bunch of antique stores. I'm looking forward to meeting her and hope we don't melt since its going to be very warm this weekend. Hopefully, I'll have a new treasure to share too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE THIS. $5.99??? I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely punch bowl and the price!...I am so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shopper you are. I remember punch with 7 up, orange juice, and sherbet in it too! I still love it, and drinking it out of those little cups and the pretty punch bowl make it all the better. Have fun and use it your children will remember it too someday. Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!