Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Exciting news ...



Engineering is a profession that I chose when I was maybe 15 and at almost 35 (birthday in a week!), while I'm lucky to have a career that affords me with a comfortable lifestyle and flexibility that other people would kill for, I feel like something is missing.

10 years ago, I fell in love with my garden and applied to college for a horticulture degree. Life handed me some hard times and I found myself in a position where it was just not possible. I later ended up getting an MBA but 2 children later, I'm just not driven enough for the committment managing demands.

With Mr. T's support, I decided to once again pursue that horticulture degree that eluded me all those years ago. I'm not sure what I will do with this degree if anything. In these economic times, I realize that its not exactly the most stable choice in career, but I'm just looking forward to studying something that I find fulfilling. I always thought it would at least be something nice to fall back on if I ever retired. I start in the fall and I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds very exciting and sometimes we just have to follow our dreams. Besides, education of any kind is seldom wasted. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I am a firm believer in this...find what you love to do and then find a way to get paid to do it! There is always a way to turn your passions into profits...it just takes a little time to get there!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I believe that one should do whatever feels right and fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments!