So, here is the thrift store china cabinet planned for a patio potting bench ...
Problem #1 - I didn't realize it, but the center doors are not removable. Not a problem with the bottom, but I would have liked to have the option on the hutch part. I did, however, find that there is a light on the inside of the hutch! Unexpected bonus!
Problem #2 - The glass is impossible to remove without breaking it. I'd hope to be able to keep the glass in case I wanted to ever use it as a china cabinet. Oh well. I guess I can always buy new glass if I ever need to. Then, I thought about just cutting the entire top so that its more open shelving and cutting the panels on the doors on the bottom and adding lattice so that its more like the inspiration picture. For now, I may leave it as is and think about cutting it up later.
So, I got to painting once my two monkeys were napping and managed to sand and prime the base. This brings me to Problem #3. I mixed up green paint I had with white, but I accidentally added too much white so I ended up with more of a minty green than the more mossy green I'd hoped.
The light was fading when I took the pictures above so its hard to see the true color. While its not what I planned, I think it does add some brightness to the always dim patio. I'm wondering if I could try a dark stain glaze on this. My last attempt at glazing was a failure, but I suppose if I don't like it, I have plenty of paint!
It is extremly humid today, so I may not paint but hopefully, it will be done (at least painted) by the end of the week!
P.S. New look for summer ... I'm about as indecisive about my blog backgrounds as I am about paint colors so I'm sure this won't last long. I keep considering getting a nice professional template, but I have yet to find something I can live with long-term. ;-)